This project is read-only.

Newbie questions

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:48 AM

1.  I'm running BT200/R2. After install, I try to create new project in VS2005 (I looked in 2008 also), and I don't see the "BizMock Testing" in "My Templates". You say in the doc to create a new 'BizTalk Test project", but I'm thinking you really want to create a VS2008 test project (not a BizTalk project).

2.  In the sample on the doc page, I would build the artifacts.xml by hand?   Is there a schema for it in order to build it with intellisense in Visual Studio?

3.  In the sample on the doc page, where exactly are any "mock messages" involved?   I'm somewhat familiar with mocking, but haven't used it in the "real world", especially with BizTalk.  For example, I have a BizTalk traditional SQL or WCF-SQL port, and I want to run a test without have a SQL database on my machine, how and and where would a mock up these messages?

Thanks,
Neal Walters
http://BizTalk-Training.com

Sep 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I think the BizMock Testing template works only for VS 2008.

it should be in  C:\Users\<youuser>\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Templates\ProjectTemplates\BizTalk\BizMock Testing.zip

if you don't find it there yiu can search it in your drive and copy to this location.

When creating a proyect with this template it creates a Unit Test project with the references necessary to call BizMock + a T4 template that will generate the artifacts for you based on a xml you should fill with your artifact definitions

The bizMock adapter will intercept the messages sent to and by biztalk and your testing code is responsabile to mock the interchanged messages

hope this helps