Compatible with DirectPort?

Developer
Jul 24, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Is it possbile to use BizMock with orchestrations that have only a DirectPort as receive port? I tried to create another mocked test receive location hoping it will populate the message box but it doesn't seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM

for the moment it only supports physical ports.

Could uou send me a description of the scenario you are trying to test, so i can try to support it in future releases

thank you

Developer
Jul 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

My scenario is the following: I have an orchestration that have Direct Receive Port on the message box. It simply receives a particular type of schema that is put in the BT message box by another orchestration that has a WCF receive port.

By the way I retried my workaround and it finnaly worked. What I did is I created a physical FILE receive location. Then I set the BizMock type to it. I can now use it as a "MessageBox populator" using the FileArtifact. I think though that the best approach would be to have  a direct port interface embeded in the framwork to support the pub/sub model.

Thanks for your reply

Coordinator
Jul 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Yes, my idea for the future is to embedded the direct port behavior in the framework using WMI to deal with the message box directly ( so we could have a pub & subscribe )

Otherwhise your workaround is a good solution ( that can be encapsulated and reused across tests ).

Thank you

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I would appreciate having the posibility to test orchestrations with direct ports, too.

Thanks!!

Developer
Feb 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM
I have created a File Receive location that is only in my unit test bindings and I use it to publish messages in the message box.

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:04:35 -0800
Subject: Re: Compatible with DirectPort? [bizmock:63473]

I would appreciate having the posibility to test orchestrations with direct ports, too.
Thanks!!
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bizmock@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email bizmock@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Live connected with Hotmail on your phone. Learn more.
Mar 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Yes, I think I'll try that.

Thanks!!